Executive Communications & Presence
A Microsoft manager who had worked with Pamela individually for several months requested a customized session with his team to explore the topic of executive communications. He was curious about a new perspective to share with his team, one that connected with presence and mindfulness.
Executive communications had generally created anxiety and challenges for this team. In this vulnerable session, this team explored how our inner game impacts courageous, authentic, and effective communications.
- Alignment with team’s challenges and intentions
- Design of a customized 2-hour session
- Exploration of creative competencies and reactive tendencies, drawing from The Leadership Circle framework
- Facilitation at client site; experiential conversation
- Post-workshop support—resources and integration
- Experiential understanding of outer game and inner game development domains
- Awareness of how the inner game connects with safety, identity, and worth
- Conceptual grounding in the science behind autopilot patterns
- Transparency of autopilot tendencies that limit authenticity, effective communications, and innovation
- Commitments by team to experiment with awareness practices in upcoming engagement with executives
We did an exercise to identify patterns that influence how we show up in exec conversations. We also dove deep into courageous authenticity. This impacted the team’s understanding of how they got in their own way when they focused on staying safe and moved into reactive tendencies. The topic was connected to presence and mindfulness as the reactive tendencies surfaced when folks got disconnected from their sense of self. Bringing themselves back to presence was the key to communicating authentically.